Saturday, March 07, 2009

Button It Up



I am convinced now that Susan Beal and myself should live in the same city. It's a shame we don't. When I started reading her blog I thought we had a lot in common. Now with all the books she has done, I KNOW we have a lot in common. With her recent release of the beautiful book, Button It Up: 80 Amazing Vintage Button Projects for Necklaces, Bracelets, Embellishments, Housewares & More, I am convinced we at least need to see each other more often. I have mentioned I am working on a button book here so of course there was a part of me that thought ugh oh. Well I just got her book in the mail today, signed and all and it is lovely. I think our books compliment each other very nicely. There are some amazing projects in there; some you may have seen on the blog circuit already. It really is hard to choose a favorite. As an avid button collector, I love the button collage project, the embellished button pillow is a cute spin on monograms, I love the napkin rings and the triple deck feedsack necklace just screams summer bling. If you haven't picked up your copy yet, what are you waiting for?

No comments: