Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Looking forward to the new year!

I am really excited for the new year. Really really excited. This time of year is hard because you want to enjoy the holiday season but working in retail kind of ruins that. I work 7 days a week these days and then rush home to try and make gifts, etc. There is never enough time for it all. Today is super cold at the store so I just want to huddle in a blanket and drink hot chocolate. I am trying to think of all the things I want to do in the new year and look forward to doing so.

Usually January is a month where I read a lot of books. I guess because the last few months haven't left much time for reading I go on a reading frenzy.


I also really want to make more stuff and try new things. I guess I want to "push myself" to make new creative works. Sooo I just signed up at the new The Purl Beehive in an attempt to have that place where I share what I make. It looks like it will be an amazing resource and undoubtedly a major time suck. In a good way!

I always forget to bring my camera home so I have been unable to take pictures of a few things I have worked on over the past few weeks. I am going to write myself a big note so I don't forget this evening.

I also can't wait to cook more again. I have been feeling really lazy on that front. I guess because I want to spend my time on other things and taking time to make something delicious takes...well time. Since I have little of that, I have not been very creative. I do love looking at Baking Bites to get the ideas rolling.

Lastly, sewing. I am really in love with it these days and want to get better and branch out.

Here's to the new year!

No comments: