Thursday, May 13, 2010

Setting up and hanging out

Day two of set up was a lot better.  I felt a little bit more rested than I had the day before and was excited to see it all coming together.  Gabe from Gallery Hanahou is a genius and I learned a lot from him about hanging art work.  He is so detail oriented and thinks of things that would never occur to me.  I think I will stick to curating and hope that someone, like Gabe, is always there to help hang!  Here he is doing his thing. 


We had some visitors as well including Sayuri who came to hang her work. 
And Jenny Harada came to hang her cute and colorful Planktons.

Soon after, Anna came by to meet us for a hang out date.


Once we were done hanging Jenny, Anna and myself left to go get some dinner and beer.  I was excited to sit down and relax after a long day!  Anna showed us her advance copy of her new book that hits bookstores in June!  More to come about that closer to the date but until then, here is Anna and her book!
Becky Stern met us after her class was done and fun was had by all.  Now all I had to do was sit back and relax and wait for the opening!

1 comment:

LEFTZ said...

looks like everyone is having a blast!