Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Olympic Challenge


As you all know, or most of you should, the Winter Olympics are coming soon. I am not really a sporty person but I think because they are so close to home, I am more excited this year about it all. I was thinking it might be fun to do a little Olympic Challenge over here. Here is how it is going to work.

1) You sign up to participate NO LATER than Jan. 22nd.
2) Once I have you all down I will pick your names out of a hat and assign you a category. The categories will be as follows:
a) Figure Skating
b) Skiing
c) Opening Ceremonies
d) Bobsleigh
e) *Made UP Sport
* we all know our plushies have a mind of their own so maybe they have a sport that is so fun but we just don't know about it yet. If you get this category you will be asked to give a short synopsis of the sport.

3) There will be four or five judges who will vote for the Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals.
4) Final Date for submissions (photos only) is  Feb. 26th exactly two weeks after the beginning ceremonies.

Please email me at kristen(at)schmancytoys(dot)com and in the subject put "Schmancy Olympic Games"

Let the games BEGIN!

24 comments:

Jessica said...

Fun! So, we make a plush to represent the sport in our assigned category? When are the finals due?

Schmancy said...

good questions. yes, to represent the sport and the second question I added to the details here. thanks

Schmancy said...

I've got 11 participants in a few short hours. Who else? I am so excited.

Schmancy said...

and just wait until you find out about our judges

three critters said...

this is pretty exciting!

Denise said...

My email is not getting through to you but I would like to sign up.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! This is soooo exciting!

Heather said...

I've sent in my email! I'd love to join!!!

HibouCards said...

This is an awesome idea... can't wait to hear about the assignments!

HibouCards said...

Thanks Kristen! This is a really cool idea... can't wait to hear about the assignments :)

Heather said...

Ok, I'd really like to participate, but I keep getting an error message when I try to email...

if it's not too much trouble, my email is:

littlebearries@yahoo.com

If you could email me first, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Heather

mommylion said...

would like to join...is this the sign up??

Virginie said...

I'd like to sign up too! I love surprises and this all sounds very creative.

Schmancy said...

Please send me an email to sign up with your name and email. kristen(at)schmancytoys(dot)com

Cynthia F said...

Cool! I just sent my info in!!

Suzannah Ashley said...

This sounds so fun! I'm in!

TopCat76 said...

How much fun?! I'll be emailing in a bit, hope sock toys count as plushies though!? (I'm a brit and not quite sure what a "plush" covers????)

Unknown said...

Oooh what an awsome Idea! So any type of plush and design just in the style of the catagory. Could with take it litrally and make for example a pair of skates?
(Just cause its such an open subject)

Thanks ^^

nikki said...

I'm in! Are you leaving it open to interpretation or will there be rules (such as materials)? Thanks for a fun and motivating challenge!

xoDanielle said...

I so cannot wait to see everyone's submissions!! :D

tieko said...

great inspiration!! I can't wait to sign up. Email forthcoming *s*

Miss D said...

Aww, wish I had seen this sooner! I would have loved to join!

Cynthia F said...

I just sent my entry in, I can't wait to see all of the team entries!

Unknown said...

Very interesting. Thanks for your blog. I would like to say that i love Godzilla plush Toys very much.