Friday, October 30, 2009

Getting Ready

I am determined to enjoy the holidays this year. Working in retail, owning a retail shop, makes you have a love/hate relationship with the holidays. It's busy (love +1), you work all the time (hate +1), it's festive (love +1), you have no energy to participate in the festivities (hate +1), there are tons of craft shows (love +1), you have no time to make anything gifts b/c you want to do all the craft shows (hate +1). This year I have started early because I want to give gifts I am excited about giving and I want to have a relaxing holiday as much as possible. On my way to work I went to Barnes & Noble to check on Creature Crochet (yes I am a dork, thanks for asking). I checked out the magazine section and noticed that Martha Stewart's Holiday Sweets issue is out. I got one a few years ago for Christmas and I love it. It seriously has the best recipes for all year so I quickly picked up this one before I forgot to. I am starting to make my plans. I highly suggest this issue for anyone that loves baking.



I also noticed this magazine, Donna Hay Magazine - With Donna Hay Kids. There is an adult one too and even though I don't have kids, this one looked pretty awesome too. Very Martha

No comments: