Thursday, April 10, 2008

Purl Soho



Another thing I did was check out the stores, Purl Soho. The yarn and fabric store are equally amazing. It's rather funny that certain stores can have such a huge online presence and then you finally go to the location and it's so tiny. But I love tiny things so these shops were adorable, had a friendly staff and I stocked up on some amazing fabric. I would shop there all the time if I lived there. Anyways, I checked out their blog, Purl Bee and noticed they are offering a crochet class that starts this Friday where you will learn how to make a baby blanket. Another thing I did in NYC was visit with my good friend, Betsy who is due at the end of the month with her first baby. I was frantically finishing the last touches to her blanket that I made her right before we met so I didn't even get a picture of the final piece. I'll have to ask her to send some over.

After you go to Purl, go eat at Souen. It's a really good macrobiotic restaurant. I was skeptical but man, it was delicious!

No comments: