Thursday, April 10, 2008

Museum of Contemporary Craft



While in NYC I went to see the exhibit, Pricked at the Museum of Art and Design. It was one of the most inspiring shows I have seen to date and I wished I had all my craft supplies with me so I could run home and make stuff. If you live in NYC and haven't checked out this show yet, do not delay! You would really regret not seeing it. Anyways, I really wish I was in Portland today to attend this lecture: Paul Smith, Reflections: Twentieth Century Studio Craft Movement - Current Observations at the Museum of Contemporary Craft.

Thursday, April 10, 7 PM, The Lab.
General $5. Free for Students and Members.
Director Emeritus of the American Craft Museum (now Museum of Arts & Design), Smith will present a personal account of twentieth century craft based on over five decades of involvement.

If anyone does attend, it would be great to hear more about it!

No comments: