Friday, March 21, 2008

Velocity- Seattle event


If you live in Seattle than you know how awesome the shop Velocity is. If you also live in Seattle you might know how funny Seattle culture is. I have lived here for almost 9 years now. I love Seattle for so many reasons. It's pretty, really pretty, it's a city but not a huge one, it's easy to get to Canada, the islands, the mountains, etc. BUT one thing that drives me nuts about Seattle is the "Seattle Freeze". Coming from Cleveland I thought Seattle people were the friendliest people on earth. BUT it's not really true. For instance the other day I went to do laundry in my building and this one other woman was in there and she wouldn't even look at me let alone say hello. It's a standoff city in a lot of ways with less collaboration than seems necessary. So I was overjoyed to hear that Velocity is going to be holding events once a month at their space for inspiration. First up is the awesome artist, Matte Stephens. I am really excited for this event. AND they asked me if I would like to do one one of these months. I am really honored. So mark this on your calendar and I'll see you there!

Learn more here

No comments: