Thursday, October 04, 2007

Want to help?

Alright folks. The show is about one week away and things are getting nuts. First off, I am extending an invitation to anyone wanting to help with the hanging of the show. Basically this is how it will go down. You come to Schmancy at 6:00 next Thursday. We form an assembly line taking toys from the storage unit to the different stores. Then we hang the toys with the appropriate tags and then we eat pizza and drink beer. It's fun. A little crazy but in a good way. Then you also get to see all the toys first. Perhaps claim your purchases before the masses even lay eyes on them. It's also a great way to meet fellow crafters. So if you are interested please send me an email to kristen@schmancytoys.com just so I have an idea of how many people to expect.

As far as the show goes, it opens up October 12th at 5:00pm. This is when the party is. Obviously it is up earlier in the day but it's fun to be at the party so you can see some of the masterminds behind all these amazing creations. So help to make it a great turnout by inviting your friends, coming yourself and simply spreading the word. I count on you guys to help keep the buzz alive. We still have some postcards as well so if you want to come pick some up to spread around town, do so.

If you are coming to the opening, don't forget to check in with one of us so we can get you a name tag so everyone knows who you are. Don't be shy.

Last, I am very pleased to announce that I will have the Plush You books for sale on the night of the opening. I crossed my fingers for this and finally this morning at 6:00 am (ouch) that they would indeed be here in time.

I am really excited for this show. I hope to meet a lot of you very soon.

xo,
schmancy

2 comments:

Geek Booteek said...

Unfortunatly we can't help coz we're at the bottom of the world but we're super excited to be in the show and are lovin the links to all the artists!!!

DIY Fluffies said...

Good luck with the show! I can't be there, because it's just to far away:( Can't wait to see the photo's!!