Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Plush You Recap

Oh man, this year's show was so much fun!  There was a nice crowd that flowed in and out the entire night and I was able to see some old faces and meet some new.  Setting up went really smoothly as I decided to just start earlier in the day.  Shelly was upstairs tagging everything during the day while I rearranged the shop and packed up stuff that would need to be in storage for the month.  I was able to almost one whole area before 6:00 when volunteers began to arrive.  I can't believe it but I set up, went out to dinner and was home before 10pm!  AWESOME! 

The next morning I met a few plush makers along with husbands at Le Pichet.  We had a nice brunch before I opened up shop.  Those there were Jessica Puckett, Anne Claire of Hibou Cards and Jessie Mae Petrick.  Fun times were had by all. 

THEN it was the opening.  Sales were made, people laughed, people hugged and people took LOT'S of pictures!  After we all went out for drinks.  I was so happy with the show and think it looks fantastic.  I got lot's of comments about how it was the best one yet!  So congrats to you all! 

As for sales now, I will not be putting them up online.  WHY?  Because last year I did and not too many sold and it seemed like a waste of time and money.  So if you have a fan, direct them to me.  I am happy to take orders over the phone, etc.  I am allowing people to take their items now as they sell simply for a lack of room.  I have a lot of stuff from LA here and needs to go out not to mention merchandise that wants to come back...so no reason to sit on sold merchandise.  That's how we will roll this time around.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

I am slowly getting more pictures up on my flickr account

2 comments:

Missy said...

Looks like a great show! The work keeps getting more and more inspiring! :)

eternalsunshine said...

It was fun!!!