Thursday, July 01, 2010

Battle of the Bands Challenge!

Sign up today!




Photo from Angelbot
Here's how to play!

You email me to say you would like to participate (just so I have an idea how many there will be).  Send email to kristen(at)schmancytoys(dot)com with the subject line saying Battle of the Bands

Choose a musician or band (dead or alive) to turn into plush.

You have until Sept. 1st to send me a photo (just one please) of your plush rendition.  I will put all photos up by Sept. 4th.  Then the judges (to be announced soon and there are some goodies including a musician and a dj from kexp!!!) will choose a 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place winner in these categories:

Best Likeness
Rock Star Choice Award (best representation of song)
Roadies  Choice (most rockin')

Winners will receive prizes including a mix tape made by me along with some other goodies.

When you submit your photo PLEASE INCLUDE your website or blog or etsy shop and what musician or band you transformed into stuffed awesomeness.   YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE ONE TO PLAY.

** If you want to send me a photo I would like to get some of the work in here by Sept. 1st to do a window display.  If your piece is approved you can send it here for the window and to be sold in the shop! (it will still be apart of the challenge as well)

Rock on!

3 comments:

Cari said...

Wow, that Sufjan finger puppet is incredible.

I may have to enter. What a fun idea!

Hayley said...

Amazing! I've emailed you and I'm getting sewing right away! x

heather - dollarstorecrafts said...

I made one previously that is totally awesome - does it count, or do I need to make a new one? Can I send you a photo either way (I don't have the actual plushie in my possession anymore. email me: heather at croqzine.com