Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Birthday John Cusack!

I guess I am really showing my age with all these birthday posts!  Hey, I am a kid of the 80's, sue me!  And if you were a kid in the 80's there is a good chance you are a fan of Mr. John Cusack.  Yes, he has made some REALLY poor decisions in movies but he has had tons of goodies too so let's not hate on him.


So let's just get it out there, Sixteen Candles (High School Reunion Collection) is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES!  I have watched this movie a good hundred times (at least).  Photo from Sweees


John Cusack played Lane Meyer in Better Off Dead.  Lane attempted suicide many times but failed after his girl friend dumped him.  The big scene is a ski competition involving Lane and his ex girl friends new boyfriend hence this by Hibou Cards


This should be an obvious reference.  If you don't know, I don't know how to help you.  Say Anything duh!  Photo from Abbey Christine


He plays an assassin in Grosse Pointe Blank.  Not a cupcake assassin but you get the idea.


He played an avid puppeteer in Being John Malkovich.  Photo from Wool & Water


Then he played an avid record collector/record shop owner in High Fidelity.  Photo from Wonderful.


After that, I kinda didn't really know what he was thinkin' when picking movies to be in so I kinda just lost interest.  BUT I will always have a soft spot in my heart for John Cusack!  Happy Birthday!  Photo from Gracey May

2 comments:

Apryl said...

awesome collection.. I adore John Cusack, I jsut wastched Say Anything for the millionth time two nights ago. <3

DJ El Toro said...

This is a swell post. I wanna buy that plush record player!