Friday, November 06, 2009

Hello Kitty!


I love Hello Kitty! I really feel like she is the reason why I love toys. Every time we would go to a "cool city" as a kid, I would buy Hello Kitty items and got so excited. I actually used to work at the Sanrio store in SF making gift baskets which was pretty fun considering I just sat in the basement and got to be creative a little bit. Anyways, Hello Kitty is celebrating her birthday this month and there is a great article about her creator, Yuko Yamaguchi. I used to think we had the exact same DOB but now I am unsure. The days might be different. Anyways, Happy Birthday to her!

4 comments:

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

Happy birthday Hello Kitty

Anonymous said...

I went to the convention/birthday party held for her in LA last Sunday. The exhibit of HK items was amazing. I was way over-stimulated. She rocks!

Violet Fenn said...

I'm confused - I thought that Hello Kitty was first designed in the early 1970's? The lady in the photo looks nowhere near old enough to be the designer :o

I'll have whatever she's having ;D

Schmancy said...

I totally agree!!!