Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sewing Stars Toy Exclusive



Next up in Schmancy toy releases are these adorable cuttlefish by the talented Teresa from Sewing Stars. If you want any please let me know so I can set one aside for ya'. In the meantime, check out our interview.

S- You make a large amount of sewing goodies. What is your favorite aspect to sewing stuffed toys?

SS- The best part of making stuffed toys is when they are finished and i can play with them. ^_^ But if you mean the actual sewing, I rather like turning pieces inside out. Seeing them start to come to life is always really fun.

S- Tell us about your collection for the Schmancy Exclusive?

SS- I wanted to make something somewhat summer inspired, which lead me to thinking about the ocean and all the crazy critters in it. After some google image fun time, I settled on the cuttlefish. They are amazing swimmers and so ugly they are cute! I also tend to make a lot of items that have a feminine aspect to them, and wanted to make something that boys or girls alike would enjoy as well as old or young.

S- Got any special plans for the summer?

SS- Relax, spend some time with my friends, and eat seafood at Point Judith, RI at least a few times this summer!

These adorable cuttlefish are about 9" long top of the head to tip of the tentacle, and even though there will 20 of them, no two will be exactly the same. She used different tentacle lining fabrics for each one.

They are about 9" long top of the head to tip of the tentacle, and even though there will 20 of them (maybe 24 if time permits), no two will be exactly the same. I am using different tentacle lining fabrics for each one.


No comments: