Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Yoga Blocks are amazing.



This weekend I was on a crafting frenzy. I am going to have a booth at next months Punk Rock Flea Market in Seattle...if anyone has gone, I would love to hear more about it. Anyways, I have an article in the next issue of Craft on Crafting Hazards. I was not able to mention how much relief these yoga blocks have brought me so I thought I would do so here. I have suffered from thoracic outlet for years and after a lot of cutting, bending over and hand sewing, my muscles get super tight. My hands and arms fall asleep a lot and my neck is really sore. Ever since I wrote the article I have been trying to retrain myself to take more breaks and use other tools I have learned. These blocks have helped me more than anything! The best part is that if you only take the time to use the blocks and do no other stretching, it really only takes about 10 minutes. The other night I could feel my body getting super tense so I put these puppies along my spine for a few mintues before I went to bed. Needless to say I woke up feeling great and almost shocked that I hadn't woken up in the middle of the night with sleepy arms.

You can purchase them here not to mention many other places. I would ask someone how to use them to ensure you are using them properly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I have never met another person (outside of a TOS forum) who has thoracic outlet syndrome. I have it as well. My TOS stays manageable as long as I keep my weight down (which it currently is NOT!), and physical therapy has helped me greatly as well. I'm always on the lookout for ways to better manage the pain levels, so I will definitely check out some yoga blocks. Thanks for the tip. I'm looking forward to reading your CRAFT article!