Thursday, January 03, 2008

Me and Raggedy Ann


Months ago I did a post on our first stuffed animals and said that one day I might post a picture of my Raggedy Ann doll. I loved her so much. This is when she was relatively new. If I had another picture of her, 6 years later her legs would be held on with tape, her forehead has stuffing coming out of it and she is simply filthy. But I loved her just the same. My family used to go on vacations every summer and often went to Washington D.C. throughout the year. I remember the first time I decided that Raggedy Ann had to be left at home. I was becoming a big girl and thought I would be embarrassed having her with me. Needless to say, I thought about her the whole time and thought her feelings must be really hurt. I was crushed. She now lives in a box at my parents house. One day I think we will become reunited again.

If you have a picture of you with your favorite stuffed animal from your childhood, send it to me and I'll put it up. Tell a story. It will be fun!

1 comment:

Absolutely Small said...

That is so sweet! Makes me want to dig around in old family photos. I love the connection that develops between little kids and their favorite toys...fascinating stuff!