Friday, July 27, 2007

Super Happy Crochet Cute!

picture name

Hey all, Robert here. Ok, as far as freakish coincidences go this is a good one. I've been sitting here working away (in LA) on a new post and am about to hit 'publish' when I see Kristin (in Seattle) has just finished a new post of her own - on the exact same subject! LOL

So since I spent the time compiling photos, I'm going to go ahead and post it anyway. It's been fun to watch the popularity of amigurumi soar in the US crafting world. People are so inventive and I have to say that hands down my favorite artist working in this medium is Chicago based Beth Doherty of Gourmet Amigurumi. (Of course I'm also a little biased as she's a pal of mine!) She's pushing the boundries of art vs craft as illustrated by her growing inclusion in gallery shows. Beth's new book Amigurumi!: Super Happy Crochet Cute is available for pre-order noew on Amazon and will be released by Lark Publishing in September. Also check out more of Beth's work in her Flickr sets.

picture name

No comments: