Thursday, May 03, 2007

Mark Your Calendar




New flickr group for those that love and make plushies in miniature. Join here. If you are interested in making small little plush but don't know where to start, check out our friends book, The Cute Book. You will find tons of cute little things to work on.

The cutest knitted monkey is right here along with a free tutorial. I want someone to make me one! please?

Join the Junior Society now! It's great for kids of all ages.

I am loving what Abby Glassenberg is making these days. It's really cool to see her process and how she comes up with her ideas. It's very inspiring.

Don't forget to purchase your tickets to the Maker Faire at the San Mateo Fairgrounds. I wish I had planned better. It looks like it's going to be really fun.

I just noticed that my friend, Becky of Moontree Letterpress was artist of the month over at Etsy. Becky was my first shopper at Schmancy. She started her company around the same time I started Schmancy. I am so happy things are going so well for her.

New way to do your art, Skin Art. It's pretty cool what people can paint on their bodies. Maybe every art show we should have the artist paint people? no?

Lastly, next Friday, May 11th, the very talented Snaggs will be showing new work here at Schmancy. Show starts at 6:00 and goes until 9:00ish.
Don't miss this!

No comments: